Italian style beef brisket with creamy polenta
- 1.5kg Our Farm Angus Beef cut brisket
- 2 tablespoon brisket seasoning ( we used Lane’s BBQ)
- 1 red onion, peeled cut into wedges
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
- 400ml tomato passata
- Basil leaves to serve
- 1 cup (250m) full cream milk
- 1 ½ cups (250g) instant polenta
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan plus extra to serve
- Cracked pepper
Preheat the oven to 140C (fan forced).
Place the beef brisket into a large roasting pan and coat the brisket in the brisket seasoning, scatter with onion, pour over beef stock, tomato passata and 1 cup (250ml) water. Place a piece of baking paper over the top and cover tightly with foil. Roast for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender, turning halfway through cooking.
Meanwhile for the creamy polenta, bring milk and 5 cups (1.25L) salted water to the boil in a large deep saucepan over a medium heat. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to low, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 4-5 minutes until thick. Add parmesan and season with cracked pepper and salt flakes and mix to combine.
To serve, cut beef brisket into slices and serve over creamy polenta, along with the beautiful tomato juices, top with basil leaves and extra parmesan. Enjoy.