Lamb rump and Mediterranean veggie tray bake
- 2x 500g lamb rump
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb and spice mix
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 small red capsicums, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 eggplant, roughly chopped
- 2 small potatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100g green olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt to season
- 1 cup Ricotta
Place lamb on a plate and season with 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix, 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt flakes. Allow to marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
Remove lamb an hour before cooking. Heat a large chargrill frypan over high heat and cook lamb for 8 minutes turning halfway. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 180*C.
Meanwhile add all the vegetables, garlic and olives to a large roasting tray, season with salt flakes, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian herb spice mix, remaining ½ cup olive oil, red wine vinegar. Toss vegetables until well covered.
Place vegetables into the oven for 1 hour or until roasted. Add the lamb to the roasting tray in the last 20-25 minutes depending on how you like your meat cooked. For medium, roast lamb for 30 minutes.
To serve, slice lamb and place on top of the roasted vegetables and to finish dollop with ricotta. Enjoy.