Herby Beef Noodle Salad
- 500g Our Farm Angus beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 1tbs fresh ginger, peeled, grated finely
- 1tbs olive oil
- 200g dry rice noodles
- 200g cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 cup mint and coriander leaves
- Fried shallots, to serve
Honey and Sesame Dressing
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted plus extra to serve
- 1tbs honey
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, chopped finely
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely, plus extra to serve
Place ginger and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Coat beef in oil and sit for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the honey and sesame dressing. Place all ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake well until combined.
Heat a large frying pan over high heat, cook beef steaks for 2-4 minutes on each side for medium rare or for medium, continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Cover steak in foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice beef thinly.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add noodles to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
To serve the salad, in a large serving salad bowl, add noodles and toss in dressing, top with sliced beef, tomatoes, cucumber, mint and coriander leaves.
Garnish beef salad with fried shallots, toasted sesame seeds and spring onions.