Beef steak sandwich with herb pesto
- 600g Our Farm Angus Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ciabatta rolls, toasted
- 250g garlic dip
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g rocket leaves
- ½ bunch each coriander and parsley
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
To make the herb pesto, place all the ingredients in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Season with salt flakes.
Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high. Season beef with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side, until medium rare, or cooked to your liking. Set aside, covered with foil to rest.
Spread the bases of the ciabatta rolls with garlic dip, top with sliced beef, onion and rocket. Spread the top of the buns generously with herb pesto and place on top of sandwich. Enjoy.