Roasted Beef Rump Cap and Onions with Basil Chimichurri
- 1.6kg Our Farm Grass Fed beef Rump Cap
- 4 red onions, peeled cut into 2cm slices
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 long red chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Preheat the oven to 180*C ( fan forced). Season beef rump cap all over with salt flakes.
Place beef, fat-side down, in a large flameproof fry pan or roasting pan over high heat and cook, turning, for 15 minutes or until evenly browned. Set aside.
Place beef into the oven and roast for 40-45 minutes. For medium rare your digital thermometer should read 45-48°C or continue to cook to your liking. Remove beef from the oven and cover with foil and rest for 20 minutes
Meanwhile for the chimichurri, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt flakes.
Slice beef and serve with onions and basil chimichurri. Enjoy.