Ajvar Cornish Pasty
- 340g Our Farm Angus Beef scotch fillet, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons ajvar sauce (red roasted pepper sauce) plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
In a bowl, combine the beef, carrot, onion, potato and season with cracked pepper and salt flakes. Add ajvar sauce then toss to combine. Sprinkle over the flour and parsley and toss to coat.
Using a lightly floured 10cm round cutter, cut 4 circles out of the pastry.
Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon filling onto the centre of each pastry circle. Brush the edges lightly with water. Bring up the pastry edges and press to seal. Pinch to create a decorative frill and place on prepared baking trays with the frill sitting upright, spaced 2cm apart.
Brush pasties with beaten egg and bake for 40-50 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
Serve warm or at room temperature with extra ajvar sauce.