Dukkah beef skewers with lemon salsa verde
You will need 4 x wooden skewers, soaked overnight
- 600g Our Farm Angus Beef Eye Fillet Steak, cut into 5cm pieces
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil plus extra
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dukkah
- Zest of 1 lemon plus extra wedges
- 1 tub hummus
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
Lemon salsa verde
- ½ bunch each of coriander and parsley, leaves picked and finely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
In a bowl combine beef, oil, garlic, dukkah, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon of salt flakes. Cover and chili in the fridge overnight to marinate.
The following day bring the beef to room temperature and thread beef onto soaked wooden skewers.
To make the lemon salsa verde, place all the ingredients into a bowl, season with salt flakes and mix to combine.
Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue to medium-high heat. Grill skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil for 5 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, brush cut side of extra lemon wedges with extra oil and grill, cut-side down, for 3 minutes or until grill marks appear.
To serve, spread hummus on a serving platter and top with beef skewers, drizzle with lemon salsa verde, onion and grilled lemon. Enjoy.