Coconut and pumpkin chicken dahl curry
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, diced, seeds removed
- 750g chicken thigh fillet, skin off
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 170g coconut dahl mixture
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 300g jap pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 400g cooked brown rice and quinoa
- Coriander leaves to serve
In a large heavy-based pan, heat ghee over a low heat. Add the onion, garlic and capsicum and cook for 8-10 minutes until softened and brown.
Add the chicken to the pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes until browned, add spices and cook for a further 3 minutes.
To the pan add the coconut dahl mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Followed by the coconut cream and chicken stock. Place the lid on top and simmer on low for 20 minutes until chicken is tender and dhal is cooked.
Remove the lid and add the pumpkin to the pan, cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked.
Heat brown rice and quinoa according to packet instructions.
To serve, divide brown rice mixture into the bowls and top with dhal chicken and pumpkin curry. Scatter with coriander and enjoy.