Lemongrass Beef Noodle Salad
- 1 lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 500g Our Farm Angus beef scotch fillet steaks, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 small cos lettuces, roughly chopped
- 400g vermicelli noodles
- Small handful mint and basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons crispy fried shallots
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red chili, chopped
Place the lemongrass, garlic and ginger in a mortar and pestle and pound until smooth, add the chili paste and mix until combined.
Add the beef to a bowl, along with the lemongrass mixture, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and oyster sauce and place in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
Heat a large chargrill frypan over high heat and cook beef for 1 minute on each side or until charred.
Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
To make the dressing, place the remaining sesame oil, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and 1 tablespoon water. Mix until combined.
To serve, divide lettuce and noodles among bowls, top with beef, herbs, crispy shallots, carrot, red chili and drizzle with dressing. Enjoy.