Mediterranean Beef Sandwich
- 2 teaspoons italian dried herb mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 400g Beef eye fillet
- 100g roasted peppers, drained
- 100g marinated artichokes, drained and halved
- ⅓ cup mixed olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 mozzarella ball, cut into thick slices
- 8 slices rye sourdough
- ¼ bunch basil leaves
Preheat oven to 200 ̊C.
Rub the beef eye fillet with the Italian dried herbs, oil and salt flakes.
Heat a large frypan over high heat. Add the beef and cook for 8 minutes, turning, until charred. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes. Set aside to rest, lightly covered in foil for 10 minutes. Slice beef into thin pieces.
To assemble the sandwich, butter both pieces of sourdough, top with 4 slices beef, season with salt flakes, followed by the roasted peppers, artichokes, olives, mozzarella and basil leaves. Top with the other piece of sourdough and carefully cut in half. Enjoy.