Cheesy Beef Quesadillas
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g Our Farm beef mince
- 1 tsp ground chipotle seasoning
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 medium sized soft tortillas
- 10 slices of red cheddar, halved
- 100g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Coriander leaves, chopped tomatoes and sliced avocado, to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook onions for 8-10 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Add Our Farm beef mince, chipotle seasoning, tomato paste and 1 teaspoon salt flakes and cook for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Add the kidney beans and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside until needed.
Divide beef mince mixture amongst half of each tortilla. Top with cheddar slices and mozzarella, and fold the top over to enclose into a half-moon shape.
Wipe out the frypan with a paper towel, then place on medium-low heat and lightly grease with oil. Cook the tortillas, 1 at a time, for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
To serve, top with coriander leaves and serve alongside chopped tomatoes, avocado slices and lime wedges.