Beef meatball and chickpea soup
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 fennel, tops removed and finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable stock
- 2 cups (500ml) Our farm beef bone broth
- 400g chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small piece of parmesan rind
- Parmesan cheese to serve
Herb beef meatballs
- 300 Our Farm grass fed premium beef mince
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
In a bowl combine all the herb beef meatball ingredients and season with salt flakes and cracked pepper. Mix to combine and roll out into teaspoon size meatballs.
Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over high heat. Add onion, garlic, thyme, carrot, fennel and thyme, and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes until vegetables have softened.
Add stock, beef broth, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes and parmesan rind. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 25-30 minutes until reduced slightly.
Carefully drop meatballs into the soup and cook for a further 10 minutes. Discard parmesan rind.
To serve, divide amongst bowls and scatter with grated parmesan.