Beef kebabs with hummus and cabbage slaw
(You will need 6 wooden skewers)
- 500g Our Farm beef mince
- 1 red onion, ½ finely chopped, ½ thinly sliced
- 1 cup of parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 flat breads
- 250g tub hummus
- ¼ red cabbage, thinley sliced
- ½ cup pickled chillies or any other pickle
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
Place beef mince, ½ finely chopped onion, parsley in a bowl and season with oregano, paprika and salt flakes. Add the flour and egg and mix until well combined.
Divide the mixture evenly into 6 balls. Place a meat ball onto the end of a skewer and gently mould it into a flat sausage shape down the skewer, packing it tightly with your hand. Around 10 cm long. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium heat and cook beef skewers for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally until golden brown and crispy.
To serve, remove wooden skewers from beef, heat flat breads in a fry pan, spread with hummus and top with cabbage, remaining onions, pickled chilis, cucumber, beef kebabs, wrap and enjoy!