Slow cooked beef massaman curry
- 800g OUR FARM Angus beef chuck steak, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 eschallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbs massaman curry paste
- 400g chat potatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, cut into 1cm chunks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 cup (250m) beef stock
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- Steamed rice and coriander leaves to serve
Preheat oven to 160C fan.
Heat coconut oil in a large deep casserole dish and cook onions on medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and curry paste and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the beef and cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until browned. Followed by the potatoes, carrots, coconut milk and beef stock.
Place the lid on top and in the oven for 3 hours or until beef is tender. In the last hour of cooking at the potatoes and carrots and cook until tender.
Season with fish sauce and serve alongside steamed rice and coriander.