- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil plus 1 extra tablespoon
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped plus extra to serve
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 400g Our Farm beef mince
- 200g dried small pasta ( we used elbows)
- 1x 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, add onion, fennel and cook, stirring for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and 2 rosemary sprigs and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Add stock and cherry tomatoes and bring to simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly reduced.
Meanwhile to make the meatballs, place the beef mince, remaining rosemary, salt flakes and cracked pepper. Measure mixture into teaspoon balls. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a fry pan over medium heat and cook meatballs for 3-4 minutes turning until browned.
To the soup add the pasta and cannellini beans, cook for a further 7-8 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Add meatballs and serve with remaining rosemary and fennel tops. Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy with toasted sourdough.