Lamb riblets with hummus and pita
- 1.2kg lamb riblets
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups (500ml) house made vegetable stock
- 200g hummus
- ½ cup pickles and peppers
- 4 lebanese pita breads, torn
- 2 tablespoons za’atar
- 200g baby cucumbers, sliced
- Parsley leaves and lemon to serve
Preheat the oven to 150°C. Place the ribs in an oven dish and scatter with 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, garlic, spices, stock and season with salt flakes and cracked pepper.
Cover with a large piece of baking paper and foil and roast for 3 hours or until lamb is soft and falling off the bone.
Turn to the maximum grill function and grill the ribs for 10 minutes or until a nice crust has formed.
Place torn pita bread onto a baking dish and drizzle with remaining olive oil and scatter with za’atar. Grill in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until bread is crispy and golden brown.
To serve, spread hummus on a platter, top with lamb ribs, cucumber, crunchy pita bread, parsley and lemon.