Eye Fillet Thai Style Beef Noodle Salad
Prep time 25 mins (plus resting)
Cook time 6 mins
- 500g OUR FARM eye fillet steak, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125g dried rice vermicelli noodles, soaked
- 250g tub cherry tomatoes, halves
- 1 telegraph cucumber, halved, seeded, sliced
- 1 cup mixed salad leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup each mint, coriander and Thai basil leaves
- 1-2 small red chillies, sliced
- chopped peanuts to serve
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or palm sugar) or to taste
Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill on high. Brush both sides of steak with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook beef for 2-3 minutes each side, until cooked to taste. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine noodles, tomatoes, cucumber, salad leaves, onion, herbs and chilli, in a large bowl.
To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a jug.
Slice steak thinly. Toss through salad with dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts to serve.
TIP only add steak and dressing to salad when ready to serve to prevent sogginess.